Quality Glass Media Blasting Services with Nyhus Enterprises
Nyhus Enterprises has the capability to perform Glass Media Blasting Services. Essentially, this means we can strip industrial, manufacturing, automotive, and hobby parts. These applications sometimes need a more delicate paint and rust removal system than what conventional sandblasting or steel grit blasting can offer. Our system is capable of using glass and plastic bead media for the job, in order to protect your product.
The Benefits to Glass Media Blasting
Glass and Plastic Blasting is commonly used to mechanically clean parts, removing oxides, contaminants, paint, and other coatings. Glass Blasting has a variety of benefits, including:
- Efficiently Cleans steel, aluminum, wood, concrete, stone, fiberglass
- Excellent replacement to silica sand
- Glass Blast will leave a clean, bright finish to metal surfaces
- Excellent for achieving an aggressive profile for coatings, including cathodic protection and overlay performance
- Glass delivers very low particle embedment (less than 2%) which produces a whiter (SP-10) finish to the substrate.
- Lighter weight than most abrasives. Contractors report back that they use at least 25% less abrasive (some say up to 50% less) when using glass as compared to mineral slags.
- SAFE - no free silica, is chemically inert and non-toxic, heavy metal free in most cases.
- Superior rust-back performance when compared with mineral/slag abrasives.
- Uniform Density
- DUST IS TRANSLUCENT! No visual barrier to the blasting operator and does not leave black "dust" all over.
“Green” Blasting Services that You Can Feel Good About
100% recycled post-consumer bottle glass. It is a GREEN abrasive! 100% recycled glass. Since our crushed glass grit is manufactured from recycled bottle glass, it contains no free silica which is commonly found in blasting sand. The use of post-consumer glass directly benefits the environment by diverting waste from landfills. Our crushed glass grit is free of heavy metals such as arsenic, lead, asbestos, beryllium, titanium, etc., all typically found in coal and mineral slags.
Products that Nyhus Enterprises safely media blasts include:
- Flat Dies
- Round Dies
- Snowmobile Bodies
- Car Parts
- Tractor Parts
- Industrial Equipment
- Industrial Bathroom Dividers
- & many more!